Personal Tax Preparation and Planning
At Straight Edge Accounting our CPA firm does not shy away from helping the every day person file and prepare for their taxes. No account is too small as we want to be your go to accounting firm in Michigan. If you are looking for personal tax preparation in Metro Detroit consider the professional at Straight Edge Accounting. Let us help you take away the stress and worry that often comes with personal tax preparation. We will work to develop a money-saving tax planning strategy for you that could lead to significant savings for your personal taxes. Let us maximize your income today!
Our CPA will be with you every step of the way and help you make sense of any tax questions you may have. We understand tax law and stay up-to-date with the ever-changing landscape of personal and business taxation. If you are looking for a CPA and accounting firm in Michigan that you can trust, call us today.
Saving Money in Personal Tax Preparation
At Straight Edge Accounting we offer techniques for tax planning and preparation that can reduce the amount you pay in taxes not only now but for the future as well. When you see how much you could be saving you will understand how much value there is in seeking a smaller accounting firm for your tax preparation and planning needs.
You may not think that you could save money on your taxes if you don’t own a business or have multiple streams of income, but there are techniques out there that could help you keep more of your hard-earned money in your pocket. At Straight Edge Accounting we work for you and want your money to work for you as well.
The following are some personal tax planning services we can help you understand:
- Tax laws and how they effect your
- Tax credits
- Tax deductions
- Filing status
- Leverage tax benefits
- Preserve returns on investments
- Charitable donations
- Prepare for a secure retirement
- Reduce taxes on your retirement
- Reduce investment tax
- Reduce estate taxes
Let us know your Tax Situation
Benefits of Local Tax Preparation in Michigan
We are well versed in all things Michigan tax. When you hire a major company to do your taxes, or file on-line, they will go through the basics without looking into where you can save. Having a local accounting firm in Michigan for tax preparation and planning could make a huge difference in the amount of money you pay every way and the amount of money coming back into your pockets.
We want to help you achieve your financial goals, whether that be sending a child to college, buying a new home or planning for retirement, with the right tax preparation you can reach these goals quicker than you may believe. Not only are we very familiar with Michigan tax laws, we are local and usually easily accessible by phone and email. At Straight Edge Accounting we can help you make sense of your tax questions and keep more money in your pocket.
What to Look for When Selecting a Personal Tax Preparer in Michigan
When looking to file personal taxes in Michigan it is important to look for certain qualities. Yes, a local accounting firm in Michigan for tax preparation and planning is beneficial but you want to make sure you are picking an experienced and qualified tax preparer.
- Check the tax preparer’s qualifications – Be sure the person you choose has a Preparer Tax Identification Number. This shows they are authorized to prepare federal income taxes.
- Ask about service fees – Typically you want to stay away from someone who is asking for a percentage of your return, a flat rate makes more sense.
- History and Research – You want to make sure your tax preparer is qualified and if you choose a CPA, you can check their State Board of Accountancy. You can also check for any disciplinary actions against the preparer you are considering. Lastly, you can always request to see your tax preparer’s license status.
- E File Option – Any modern tax preparer should have an option to E-File. This is the quickest way to file taxes and also the fastest way to receive a return.
- Availability – Choosing a local accounting firm in Michigan for your tax preparation is smart. You want to avoid people who are difficult to get in touch with after the April 15th filing date. A good tax accountant will be available almost every day throughout the year and will want to build that relationship with you. You want someone you can trust and rely on, any time of the year.
- Ask for Records – A good tax preparer will ask for receipts and records of previous filings. They will want to better understand your total income as well as any potential deductions and credits. This is so they can maximize your return and help you save more money.
Call Straight Edge Accounting for Your Personal Tax Preparation Today
We are available to take your call and can help answer any personal tax questions you may have. We can also set up a time to meet with you to develop a logical and effective tax planning strategy. No question or account is a waste of time, we believe in offering quality service to anyone who comes our way. If you are looking for a CPA firm Detroit residents can count on, your search is over. Call today and let’s see how we can help you save some of your hard-earned money.